In addition to the minimum dataset, you will collect the following during the enhanced data collection periods:
- Number of regularly prescribed medicines on leaving the study ward
- Number of prescribed medicines for “when required” use on leaving the study ward
- Number of prescribed medicines that are stopped
- Number of prescribed medicines with dosage reduced
- Number of stopped medicines that are re-started
- Length of hospital stay for index admission
- These data will be collected by two FTE CRN staff members for two one-month periods six months apart and can be collected by running a query within your electronic prescribing systems for the study ward(s). During the enhanced data collection period, you will also approach all patients on the study ward(s) for consent to take part in questionnaires and interviews if applicable.